Pamukkale, meaning "Cotton Palace" in Turkish, is a natural site in Denizli Province in south-western Turkey.
The ancient city of Pamukkale contains hot springs and travertine’s (terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water). The emergence of these hot springs was triggered by a number of earthquakes in the area and the calcium terraces were deposited by the heavily mineralized water as a result.
The ancient Greco-Roman and Byzantine city of Hierapolis was built on top of the white limestone “castle” which is in total approximately 2,700 metres (8,860 ft) long, 600 m (1,970 ft) wide and 160 m (525 ft) high. It can be seen from the hills on the opposite side of the valley in the town of Denizli, 20 km away. At the end of the 2nd century B.C, the kings of Pergamon, established the thermal spa of Hierapolis. The ruins of the baths, temples and other Greek monuments can be seen at the site. People have bathed in the pools for thousands of years and the waters are believed to have healing and beautifying properties. The area has been declared a United Nations World Heritage Site. In this area, there are 17 hot water springs in which the temperature ranges from 35 °C (95 °F) to 100 °C (212 °F).
- Starting Date: 1 April.
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.
- Available from: Marmaris, Icmeler, Siteler, Armutalan, Beldibi.
- Price Includes: Transport, Entrance fees, Breakfast, Guide (English, German, and Russian speaking), Lunch, Full Insurance.
- Price Excludes: Drinks, Entrance To Cleopatra Swimming Pool.
- Restrictions: Not suitable for guests with walking difficulties.
- Bring along: Swimsuit, Hat, Camera, Sun cream.
- Duration: Full day.
- Pick up time: Icmeler - 06:00. Siteler - 06:30. Armutalan - 06:30. Marmaris - 06:40.
- Drop off time: Approximately 20:00.
- Please note that all times and locations visited may be subject to change.
How do you arrange our Pamukkale excursion ?
In order to finalise your excursion bookings with us we need to arrange a 15 minute appointment with you at your accommodation on the day you arrive. If you arrive on a night flight then we can arrange an appointment for later in the day.
During the appointment you will meet with our representative who will provide you with detailed information about the excursion. They will also issue your excursion voucher and take payment. On the booking form below; we request your flight details, this is to help us arrange a suitable time for your meeting. We will send you an email confirming the meeting time. The email will also contain our local contact number in resort for you to call if you need to re-arrange the meeting after you arrive.
How do you accept payments ?
Payment is taken on the day of excursion. We are only able to accept cash.